[lbo-talk] Baseball History

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 18:23:57 PDT 2007

John: the big issue here is racism -- the different standards applied to black and white athletes. Dave Zirin writes more clearly about this than I do. The other issue is this: if you apply these standards of morality uniformly to all public figures and celebrities, you couldn't enjoy a movie,a rock group, James Jones or Picasso, or let kids read about MLK.