[lbo-talk] Eurocapital Does Damage Control

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 22:05:56 PDT 2007

dredmond at efn.org wrote:

>Apparently, they're bailing out Eurobanks who got burned by the US housing
>bust. Looks like the US housing debacle is beginning to inflict major
>economic pain.

Yes. And it's just the beginning. The higher interest rates haven't actually kicked in yet.

I was talking to a realtor tonight -- while we were watching our daughters' ballet class -- this guy does business in one of the priciest neighborhoods of Oakland, and he told me that the it's already affecting the jumbo loan market (over $400K) because credit is very, very, very tight.

Joanna