[lbo-talk] Here comes the Big One?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 11:04:57 PDT 2007

As well as wiping out the retirement savings (pensions being a thing of the past) and college funds of millions?

Precisely what is great about a Great Depression?

You want proof that capitalism is unstable and unsustainable? Don't we have that? Do we need to make it at the cost in suffering that a Great Depression would involve?

Or do you think that this will leave workers without anything to lose or any illusions, thus susceptible to radicalism and revolution? That worked so well in the 1930s, when the left was actually organized. It's not mere "just as likely" today that frightened and destitute people will be more open to a radicalized and organized right, it is virtually certain, given that the left is in no state whatsoever to offer anyone leadership, guidance, or solutions.

Hoping for catastrophe is worse than a crime. It is a mistake.