[lbo-talk] climate change denial

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 10 13:05:14 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:01 AM, James Heartfield wrote:

> "Ok James, you've given up on rational argument and you're just making
> tendentious lists instead? The faith must be wavering...."
>
> I didn't make the list, it is in the posted Newsweek article. Sorry to
> disturb your faith.

James, you've always struck me as a rational person - unlike Alex Cockburn, who has an aristocrat's distrust of science as being too complicated and wonky, especially now that he's become country gentry with some quirky opinions (as Lou Proyect put it recently). So how is it that you're so at odds with "mainstream science" (as your list had it) on this one? Is it just that you've been following the RCP/LM/Sp! ked line on this for so long that it's too hard to change?

Doug