[lbo-talk] climate change denial

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 03:43:43 PDT 2007

"Lenin's tomb" dimisses the errors of the climate change models as if it did not reflect on them. Then says the negative effects carbon emissions are already measurable.

I beg to disagree. More to the point, the positive effects of carbon emissions, the increase in quality of life consequent on fossil fuels over the last century is abundantly clear.

But given that the case for action on global warming was first made by the British Prime Minster in 1990, and by the US vice president around the same time, one has to ask, if Lenin's Tomb, or Andy F, or Gar or Doug believed one word of it, wouldn't they have done something to reduce their carbon footprints?

I will be happy to answer points from any poster who has refrained from flying this last year. Otherwise, I have to assume that these are rhetorical postures.