[lbo-talk] climate change denial

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 09:02:04 PDT 2007

I too was struck by the groups and people on the side of "justice". The argument as presented in Newsweek seems to concentrate on ad hominem appeals pointing out that the doubters are linked to important interests and thus biased. It also points to the number of important scientists who claim there is global warming. But scientific truth is not necessarily on the number of scientists who hold a viewpoint and their authority cannot determine truth either. As Heartfield's list shows the other side is well funded and includes people who are hardly leftist and certainly part of the ruling elites. If you doubt the deniers because of their connections you should also doubt the yeasayers for the same reason.

But there seems to be no reason to side with the evil guys, just to keep an open mind instead of rushing to convert to green theology that seems to be the fashion now.