[lbo-talk] FT: Backlash against and globalization and corporate executives in rich countries

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 15:58:44 PDT 2007

--- ira <ira at yanua.com> wrote: (article by Chris Giles in London)

"The depth of anti-globalisation feeling in the FT/Harris poll, which surveyed more than 1,000 people online in each of the six countries, will dismay policy-makers and corporate executives. Their view that opening economies to freer trade is beneficial to poor and rich countries alike is not shared by the citizens of rich countries, regardless of how liberal their economic traditions."

I dont know if "dismay" is quite the right word. More like "hey fellas, they're starting to catch on!"

"The issue of rising inequality is now high on the political agenda of every country and will feature prominently in the 2008 US presidential election."

Hasn't yet, over here.

BobW

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2a735dd0-3873-11dc-bca9-0000779fd2ac.html