[lbo-talk] capitalism and collapse

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 16:07:43 PDT 2007

--- Marvin Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote: "All of the central banks want to see a slow and orderly rebalancing of currencies in order to encourage debt-strapped US consumers to pull back and Chinese and other savers to consume more"

Thank you for the more balanced view. By "rebalancing of currencies" I assume that means devaluing some of the dollar's competitors. Wouldnt that make foreign products cheaper, and hence more attractive to "debt-strapped" consumers?

BobW