[lbo-talk] climate change denial

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 16:34:24 PDT 2007

> Scientists told you those things, or enviros? I never believed the
> stuff about GM, CJD, universal AIDS. DDT, nuclear power, and dams
> have some serious problems though.

GM I think is a borderline case. Though critiques have been exaggerated, there do seem to be genuinely serious risks associated with it. When it comes to things like making inexpensive human insulin, and various other pharmaceuticals, the benefits probably exceed the risks. But a lot of the uses are either low value or counterproductive, such as making herbicide tolerant crops.