[lbo-talk] climate change denial

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Aug 11 20:52:24 PDT 2007

On 11 Aug, 2007, at 20:18 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>
>> Poor example. Other elements of the theory (which is just a theory,
>> ha ha) have been tested,
>
> Right. But isn't it true conclusive test results weren't in until
> the late 1950s, forty years after the theory?

No, no, no... as is the wont of these creatures, down to Colin Powell, Eddington was out as early as 1919 (4 years after Einstein's prediction), massaging ("cherry-picking", for the USers) the data to suit the theory. ;-)

But Eddington was a Quaker and a pacifist, I have read, which makes him a good person after all!

--ravi