[lbo-talk] Bush: vacation champ

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 13:50:31 PDT 2007

I had a boss once who followed the same practice of frequent vacations. I understood it as a complex but clear message: I am in absolute control here and can do what I wish; this is a very prosperous company and if you stick around, you'll be able to do this too someday; as you are well aware, I have insulated myself with many layers of really mean bastard subordinates, so there's not much you can do about it anyway; love capitalism, fool!

For Bush the message seems to be, don't worry about the war, I dont even have to be in Washington to manage it; I'm such a competent leader I've got everything running on automatic pilot; I'm doing my best to make government smaller; it's a great country!

<http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/mason/5042364.html>