[lbo-talk] " Christ-like smudge fetches $1,500-plus" on eBay

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Aug 13 13:24:37 PDT 2007

I'm thinking if one could make millions by setting up a video camera and recording all the cloud patterns , which have got to have lots of chose trouve pictures of Jesus , Mary, Joseph and other worthy holies. And those are in Heaven , too.

Charles

>>> "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> 8/11/2007 3:23 PM >>>
[Really tempting to make some cash this way. -B.]

Christ-like smudge fetches $1,500-plus

Thu Aug 9, 10:44 PM ET

A smudge of driveway sealant resembling the face of Jesus Christ has fetched more than $1,500 in an online auction. The family that found the image on its garage floor sold it for $1,525.69 on eBay Wednesday, more than a week after the slab of concrete was put on sale.

"I really never thought I'd get any, to be honest," said Deb Serio, a high school teacher.

"It's fun to see what people say and think about it," said Serio, who has gotten hundreds of messages from around the world.

The family has hired a contractor to remove the section of concrete. The chunk will be turned over to the winner, identified only as "islandoffthecoast."

An active Lutheran, Serio considers the smudge just an odd occurrence — not a sign or miracle.