[lbo-talk] Crime in Philly

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:57:26 PDT 2007

Wow, that sounds like a really, really interesting paper. I will look to read that.

I'm reading king suckerman by pelecanos now and was just today being struck when i read a passage where some people have a small party at their house to drink and smoke, and the couples dance together (it's set in dc in 76). And how little of that I think happens these days. Like a get-together where two or three couples dance, each with their partner, together in a living room. Nowadays not like that at all.

Also, how cool is it that on this list serve one post might reference: 1. Elija Anderson 2. This study about dancing and the hood, and 3. White Men Can't Jump!

LBO-awesome.

For a funny version of it, see White Men Can't Jump. But