[lbo-talk] Definition of "Political Correctness"

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 09:09:35 PDT 2007

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: "[WS:] "PC" is simply a euphemism for thought policing whose primary and oft only objective is

not making an impact on reality represented by the acts of speech that are subjected to such policing, but to establish moral superiority of those who do the policing. It is simply a modern secular version of the old "holier than thou" sanctimoniousness".

In simpler words, Woj, it's a put down. it says you are too dumb to realize you are just following the herd in what you just said. It is sort of a perfect right-wing attack, accusing the left of conformity (the worst offense, to an intellectual), and of being merely "political", rather than the fully-realized man of high culture the right-wing idolizes.

BobW