[lbo-talk] fields of study

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 14 19:21:31 PDT 2007

I just read that Corin Tucker studied "political economy" at Evergreen (along with film and social change). So I thought I'd take a look at the offerings:

<http://www.evergreen.edu/catalog/2007-08/matching.htm#p>

> Political Economy
>
> 500 Years of Globalization
> Colonialism and Decolonization
> The End of Prosperity
> Introduction to Environmental Studies: Natural Resources, Oceans
> and Global Climate
> Latin American Development: Rhetoric or Reality
> Marxist Theory
> Our Place in Nature
> Political Economy and Social Movements
> Political Economy of Power in American Society
> The Power and Limitations of Dialogue
> Seeds of Change: Food, Culture and Work
> War: Consequences and Alternatives

That is very different from my college experience. My alma mater features Ernesto Zedillo teaching trade theory.

Doug