[lbo-talk] public service message...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 15 08:14:44 PDT 2007

Attention all --

I am pleased to finally be able to send you the official, court-approved notice of the settlement and the claim form for the recent settlement on behalf of those arrested on December 1, 1999, in Westlake Park. These documents are being sent to every person for whom we have a street address, and are also attached in .pdf format. [see download links above]

The notice describes in detail the settlement, the process for any objections and submitting claims, and the various deadlines. Hopefully all of your questions are answered there. If not, there are several avenues, as listed in the notice of the settlement, for you to ask questions and receive answers. If you were arrested at Westlake Park on December 1, 1999, the deadline for returning your claim form is August 28, 2007. There's no reason to wait that long, however.

I should also note that the settlement does not provide for any funding of non-profits or future protest or educational activities. However, if anyone wants to pool all or a portion of their settlement funds for a collective action, you can email either wtosettlement at gmail.com, or can at drizzle.net for more information, and to express your interest and/or participate in the planning process. This is completely and totally voluntary and is not part of the settlement, nor a condition to anyone's participation in the settlement. I merely include this information in the event anyone is interested in banding together.

If you know of anyone else who was arrested at Westlake Park, please forward this message and the attachments to them as soon as possible.

Tyler Weaver Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP.

-- Joe Carr Kansas Mutual Aid

www.lovinrevolution.org +1-816-805-7133 joecarr at riseup.net Checkout www.lovinrevolution.org for Joe Carr's other reports, pictures, music and more.

Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.

http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/