[lbo-talk] suburbia kills

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Wed Aug 15 18:58:56 PDT 2007

In every talk I have given on my book tour (thankfully ended today in DC after 47 stops and 9,500 miles over 90 days), I make a point of how there is a very limited sense of beauty in terms of our built envionment. In most suburbs and not of few larger towns and cities, there is little that is eye-pleasing. This is depressing and now I see that it generates behaviors that shorten life. I know too from six years of traveling the US that in suburban and rural area, obesity is epidemic. Not so in our best cities.

Michael Yates