[lbo-talk] Bearzilla! -- Putins Economy Eight Years On

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Wed Aug 15 20:26:44 PDT 2007

By all means let the revelry continue, but is there really anything going well besides the increase in revenues from resource rents? I don't doubt it takes some acumen to manage energy productioin and export, but what about the rest of the economy? Does Russia product anything else that the rest of the world -- or Russians -- want to buy?

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org

Yeah I know. The change in national mood has been phenomenal. When I moved here in 2000 the mood was all "oh no, we're all gonna die, we're losers," whereas now it's boyant optimism.

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 53626 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.19/953 - Release Date: 8/14/2007 5:19 PM