[lbo-talk] the John Birch Society hits my inbox

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 19:55:31 PDT 2007

This is weird. In Canada opposition to the SPP is almost entirely on the left including the Council of Canadians and the Canadian Center for Policy Alternatives. One provincial right wing party the Sask. Party has opposed TILMA an offshoot of the SPP that would harmonize regulations between provinces and also actually reduce the power of local authorities.

Both TILMA and the SPP are being pushed by big business interests. The NDP opposes the SPP. The Birchers are right everything is done in secret. However, I think that the Canadian cops will be able to control the perimeter which is quite far from Montebello itself --and it is being enforced. A demonstration by the Council of Canadians was not allowed because it was within the security perimeter.

Cheers, Ken Hanly