[lbo-talk] NYers living longer than other Americans - who knew?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 22:15:18 PDT 2007

Where are you getting your statistics? I have none of my own on hand, but I do live a few blocks north of Bay Ridge, and while I'm familiar with its growing Arab minority, the countless hours I've spent there have given me the impression of an overwhelmingly white neighborhood (and a middle-class one at that; parts of it feel much more like Garden City than Sunset Park).

Astoria has always struck me as pretty white as well, although I've spent much less time there, and none to speak of in Woodside.