[lbo-talk] Interview w/ S-Haters, old commie Brit punk band

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 19 21:15:05 PDT 2007

On your blog you have a sidebar quoting "Thucydides" as saying, ""The strong do what they can while the weak suffer what they must." This is like quoting _Shakespeare_ (as opposed to that old windbag Polonius) as saying to thine own self etc. It's been awhile since I read Thucydides but he didn't say this, he quoted someone else (I think some Athenian diplomats) as saying it.

Carrol