[lbo-talk] Reading Arendt in Caracas

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 08:16:02 PDT 2007

> My point is, why expect the Nation to write
> objectively about Venezuela?
>
> BobW

Exactly. Hell, if it wasn't for Cockburn, Holly Sklar, and occasionally Hitchens back in the 80s, the Nation's coverage of the contra war would've been much weaker than it was, esp with people like Paul Berman and Michael Massing looking for Sandinista sins while the US was financing mass terror.

Priorities, comrades. Priorities.

I notice that Nation reg Marc Cooper is pushing this piece, as it apparently bolsters his heroic anti-Chavez pose (while the rest of you are clapping seal puppets for Citgo-financed authoritarianism!). And guess who's trolling the Web on Coop's behalf, digging up obscure strawmen for him to gleefully set aflame? Why, it's our old friend, Michael Pugliese, looking for another outlet for whatever it is he does.

Dennis