[lbo-talk] Mearsheimer and Walt

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 20 12:13:06 PDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:59 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> My take:
>
> <http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2007/08/lobbing-smears.html>

Where you say: "If anything, John is a foreign policy conservative -- not a neocon, a mindset that appalls him, but an old school American intellectual concerned for the fate of his country."

Doesn't he know that there's no such thing as neoconservatism? Carrol Cox just told us.

You also say: "We talked about many topics, with Juan and John locking horns over the role of oil companies in the Iraq invasion. (Juan believes there was some pressure from big oil to invade, while John said that he has yet to see any compelling evidence that this was so. I land somewhere in between. Centrist!)"

Does this mean you've seen some evidence, only that it isn't compelling?

Doug