[lbo-talk] Mearsheimer and Walt

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 19:19:03 PDT 2007

Well what was the place that was kept safe and closely guarded when after liberation the Iraqis joyfully demonstrated their newfound freedom by looting? Not the precious antiquities that were looted with abandon but the Oil Ministry.

Besides Iraq has huge oil reserves and one of the benchmarks for progress is an oil law that will give Big Oil advantageous terms for exploiting Iraqi oil.

Perhaps the Big Oil companies were not the prime movers of the invasion but I doubt that they objected and certainly they will make the most of their opportunities.

Anyway Bush has always denied that the invasion had anything to do with oil--oh except that he wants to keep Iraqi oil out of the hands of terrorists!

<http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2007/08/lobbing-smears.html>