[lbo-talk] PE paying lobbyists bigtime

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 07:45:44 PDT 2007

> Wall Street Paying High Price to Keep Cash
> By Jeffrey H. Birnbaum

"the buyout firms have already distributed at least $5.5 million in lobbying fees, quadruple what they spent in all of 2006, according to Bloomberg News."

I'm always surprised at how little lobbying firms are paid, and how little major industries have to give to politicians, in relation to the benefits they receive.

I suppose it's just enough to keep them out of reach of any public influence group.

BobW