[lbo-talk] "Save subprime borrowers, not bloated bankers" by Dean Baker

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:13:18 PDT 2007

Where did you get that number? The Census Bureau's American FactFinder shows New York County's median family income (in 2005 inflation-adjusted dollars) as $65,479, compared to $55,832 for the country as a whole. Northern Manhattan, if it were a borough, would be poorer than any of the others, and it contains no small number of toddlers; maybe a few less per capita than the Upper West Side, but not enough to skew the numbers that much.