[lbo-talk] wanna feel old?

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Aug 22 13:45:54 PDT 2007

`` New college freshman have never been indoctrinated with mindset of anti-communism...''Chuck

-------

This reminds me that I was a kid once.

Well how to indocrinate youth 101: tell the truth. It will completely destablize their world view.

I remember the very best effects of my old Stalinist mentors when I was eighteen was their facts on the US and its imperialism. These were more than evident at the time since it was at the height of the cold war and Cuba had just been taken over by Castro. Kennedy was going nuts with UN resolutions and other bullshit smoke screens to get international concensus to back his policies to isolate Cuba.

When the Bay of Pigs was launched, it basically confirmed every rotten thing my old red guard had said.

This convinced me to start looking at the news and US policies with extreme skepticism, especially any anti-communist crap.

This critical stand was a far more effect approach than any argument or so-called indoctrination. I didn't have to pretend to believe how uncle Joe saved Russia. I could just focus on paying attention to the political events of the world.

CG