[lbo-talk] From the horse's mouth...

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 23:01:05 PDT 2007

<javascript:void(0)> <javascript:void(0)>

The full subprime letter from Hayman’s Kyle Bass

<http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2007/08/21/6727/the-full-subprime-letter-from-haymans-kyle-bass/>

Hayman Capital 2626 Cole Avenue, Suite 200 Dallas, TX 75204 July 30th, 2007

Dear Investors, Over the past few months, we have seen the exacerbation of the Subprime problem accelerate at a precipitous pace. Wait a minute…I thought the Subprime problem was neatly contained in a nice little box of risk that the Fed had put it in? After many meetings and conversations with the various leaders of brokerage firms and asset managers, I don’t think the Subprime problem is as contained as many would like for you to believe. To understand the massive ripple effects of the Subprime problem, you have to look deeply into who owns the eventual risk and furthermore, how it will affect their behavior going forward.

[snip]

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2007/08/21/6727/the-full-subprime-letter-from-haymans-kyle-bass/?ref=patrick.net