[lbo-talk] Feeling Old.... Yeah!

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 09:16:15 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

"It's odd how that Beloit list, and some of the punditry it inspired, seems to assume that you have to have had personal experience of a historical event to know anything about it."

Well, it sure helps! Vietnam was a profound, consciousness raising event for me, because I was old enough to think and happened to be living in Berkeley; whereas the Korean war slid right past me, because I was too young. Vietnam, the assasinations of the 60's, the invasions of Grenada, Panama, the Contra wars in Nicaragua and El Salvador, made in indelible, incontrovertible impression on my generation no books could equal.

BobW