[lbo-talk] sketching an "anti-economist"

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:46:17 PDT 2007

Yeah, I'm pretty confident the afl (or, hey, ctw) would never do that.

I must be alone on this list in thinking that a new periodical is the last thing the left needs these days. Or if not -last-, then, well at least on page like 48 of the list of things we need. How bout a couple mass organizations with some numbers, power and strategy first? What with the google on the internets these days, i have never had a hard time finding some left writing, reporting, or analysis on any topic with any slant. The problem isn't that left periodicals don't exist, it's that only leftists buy them, and there are very very few of those these days.

So the UAW and other unions might be gunshy about putting