[lbo-talk] Forgive them... they know nothing

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 24 13:59:13 PDT 2007

Just a minute ago a young woman came into the shop. So, I told her a bunch of old foggies were bitching about how the younger generation didn't know anything, and how about a pop quiz

She said, cool.

So I asked her:

What was Weimar

What was Tet

What was Watts

Who was Mandella

What was McCarthy

Although she was a little tentative, she answer well enough, every one of these questions. She is twenty-two. I ask if she thought her parents were privilaged. She said, yes. My dad's a lawyer and my mother is a nurse.

So, I asked where did you go to high school. She said Albany High (next burb north of Berkeley)

I asked if she read Harry Potter. She said she tried the first one but didn't like it much....

So, I was happy for the rest of the afternoon...

CG