[lbo-talk] Harry Potter, Metritocracy, and Reward

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 22:26:00 PDT 2007

>Why should people be reproached or resented for effectively utilizing
>resources that they had?
>
>Wojtek

Who said anything about reproaches or resentment. All I said was the meritocracies make me gag and that I am very, very skeptical of their claims. I also said that for people who care about what they do, being able to do it and being able to do it well is what's really important.

Like Nietzche said (quoting from memory): "Finally what one wants is neither blame nor praise, but to be understood."

There are artists, teachers, people... that I have personally thanked for what they have given me. But I think thankyou's are different from the public award crap.

Joanna