[lbo-talk] What Won't Capitalists Insure?

Steve Palmer spalmer999 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 07:52:06 PDT 2007

--- Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, they really put "general strike" second on the list, and yes,
> they apparently distinguish it from a "unionized labor dispute."

You probably won't be able to claim for a new cellphone if you're around when the big one hits:

"We will not pay for Loss caused directly or indirectly or resulting from events, conditions or cause of Loss identified in this Section II. Such Losses are excluded regardless of any other cause or event that contributes concurrently or in any sequence to the Loss.

L. Any Loss or damage caused by or through or in consequence, directly or indirectly, of Nuclear Hazard, meaning any weapon employing atomic fission or fusion; or nuclear reaction or radiation or radioactive contamination from any other cause; but we will pay for direct physical Loss caused by resulting fire, if the fire would be covered under this Certificate.

Loss caused by or resulting from war, including undeclared or civil war; warlike action by a military force, including action hindering or defending against an actual or expected attack , by any government, sovereign or other authority using military personnel or other agents; or insurrection, rebellions, revolution, usurped power of action taken by government authority in hindering or defending against any of these."

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cellphones/in-case-of-nuclear-strike-your-cellphone-insurance-is-void-210878.php

Check out your property war exclusion clause - you may be ok if secret agents are behind it:

"Nevertheless, this clause shall not be construed to apply to loss or damage occasioned by riots, strikes, civil commotion, vandalism, malicious damage, including acts committed by agents of any government, party or faction engaged in war, hostilities or other warlike operation, provided such agents are acting secretly and not in connection with any operations of military or naval armed forces in the country where the interests insured are situated."

http://www.brma.org/frommembers/contractword/War%20and%20Terrorism%20Risk%20Exclusion%20BRMA%2056A-F.doc

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when. http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222