[lbo-talk] Salon 2.0

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 25 09:39:57 PDT 2007

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> i don't think it's that simple. i'm going to invoke sturgeon's law: 90% of
> everything is crap.

Which is why it's sort of silly to focus on the crap -- as in posts slamming this or that musician. I would like to cite again Marianne Moore's preferences when she was editor of the Dial. Good books got long reviews. So-so books got short reviews. Bad books weren't renewed. I would like to see it become bad taste to show one's good taste by listing the things (books, magazines, musicians, restaurants, etc.) that one is too tasteful to accept.

Carrol