[lbo-talk] LiberTeen & twentysomething cult fave Pres. candidate Ron Paul is pro-life

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 02:42:58 PDT 2007

Ron Paul is sort of a cult favorite among twentysomethings and college kids. Here in Austin I see a lot of Ron Paul '08 signs.

I can't stand the motherfucker. He says he's libertarian (though nominally in the GOP). In accord with his right-lib ethos, he would deny Medicare and/or Medicaid patients treatment, though he was/is a doctor, a "principled" anti-govt. position, apparently -- not because he was simply one among many docs who don't take Medicare, but because he doesn't believe in govt.-funded healthcare. (His Wikipedia entry generously states he would actually see patients on Medicare at "reduced fees," or for "free," but, uh, I'd love to see proof of that.)

Anyway, here's Paul at the Iowa straw poll thing going on about how he's pro-life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb1osemR4ys

Some libertarian.

-B.