[lbo-talk] Harry Potter, Metritocracy, and Reward

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Aug 26 10:48:26 PDT 2007

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:36:13 -0700 (PDT) andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> writes:

> A little extra cash wouldn't be so bad either.
> I really enjoyed that trip to France and Italy and
> spending too much money on Florentine leather coats.
> And being able to send my kids to college. But I'm a
> bourgeois, middle-class, boomer member of the PMC, too
> old to be a yuppie now.

As I recall, Savador Allende went in for that sort of thing too concerning his wardrobe. And, he too, would often get flack from people on the extreme left who didn't think his fashion sense was sufficiently "proletarian." However, if you should ever find your yourself residing in the White House and should it then come under attack in a rightwing military coup (giving you the oppurtunity to die in revolutionary sanctity), I think you can rest assure that Carl and others like him will sing your praises. Of course you won't be around to enjoy the spectacle, but you can't have everything.