[lbo-talk] Digression: Andie's Inadequacies (Was Re: Harry Potter, . . .)

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Aug 26 15:11:12 PDT 2007

Carl,

that is horrible news. What a shitty world we live in, on top of the indifference of nature. The other day, I was reading a series of articles on BBC regarding the partition of India and Pakistan. One was the story of some Muslim survivors, narrated by the lady of the family. She talks about how the Hindu mobs were rampaging through the neighbourhood murdering Muslims, and how she prayed for her life and that of her family. She felt that her faith in god had paid off, as she was sure it would. What a fucking joke, I thought, without intending to insult her in particular. There's no non-delusional way to positively spin these things, is there?

--ravi