[lbo-talk] Digression: Andie's Inadequacies (Was Re: HarryPotter, . . .)

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 18:04:12 PDT 2007

Carl,

For whatever it's worth, I think you've delivered some of the finest, most dead-on, acerbically written stuff I've seen on this or any forum. You're a good writer, and had you never mentioned it, I'd have never guessed you're only able to type with one hand. (Though one-handed typing is a skill that has been acquired by many these days -- thanks web pornotopia.)

I still remember the piece you forwarded awhile back about folks who were "rebelling" against corporate USA ... by ordering smaller-sized coffees from Starbucks, instead of the misleadingly-titled "Venti" sizes, etc. Your comments were along the lines of, "Check out how these iconoclasts are stickin' it to the man!" -- or something better-written than what I just paraphrased. I forwarded that one around and most who read it thought your comments were hilarious. It was a good example of the kinds of petty consumerist ways of "acting up" against the big guys that Americans have been reduced to.

Anyway, do take care; I do enjoy reading your posts.

-B

Carl Remick wrote:

"Damn spell checking. Make that 'many years of retirement with my wife.'"