[lbo-talk] Disaster Strikes: Weekly World News To Close

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Mon Aug 27 03:39:57 PDT 2007

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:11:42 -0700 (PDT), andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is a catastrophe, worse than Elvis' being
> abducted by aliens. What will I do for news? What will
> generations of supermarket shoppers yet unborn do
> without the WWN to enlighten them? Now we are left
> with just celebrity shlock. Black armbands and veils, everybody.

WWN Columnists Ed Anger is among the best caricatures ever created, many of the writers for American Media are very good. Some of the best and most highly paid journalists in the business.

No surprise, given that American Media is a CIA propaganda outlet.

The Weekly World News was born when the National Enquirer went Colour, in order to get some use of the old black and white press.

The Enquirer itself what it was taken over by CIA agent Generoso Pope, Jr. after borrowing money from his Godfather, "The Godfather," Frank Costello.

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net