[lbo-talk] Ongoing housing market crisis data

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 11:29:31 PDT 2007

Historically, foreclosures have been politically fought at the stage of the sale. Where the property is being sold to a new buyer in a judicially scripted auction. Typically, they are held in some public place - usually at a court house. The folks who frequent such sparsely attended sales are economic vultures, who typically end up buying the property at deep discounts from the stated market price. During various farming crisises there have been stories of the last century there were stories of farmers banding together at the sale to intimidate anybody from buying the property. Whether that would work in suburbia is anyone's guess.

Of course, litigation may be a tempting avenue to fight some of the foreclosures if it can be shown that the lenders engaged in deceptive or fraudulent practices. SR -------------- Original message -------------- From: "Mr. WD" <mister.wd at gmail.com>