[lbo-talk] Max Sawicky signs off

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:08:44 PDT 2007

[Sayonara MaxSpeak! I hope this at least means Max will be posting here again more often.]

August 26, 2007

HELLO I MUST BE GOING

With regret I have to announce that my blogging days will end on September 3. New professional responsibilities will preclude any public pontificating. Aside from professional articles, the scope for my publishing activities is not yet clear. There may turn out to be none.

Authors on this site, along with a couple of exciting new faces, will be migrating to a new one that is being set up. You won't see me there. I will not be posting anonymously, so don't bother looking for that either.

Blogging has been huge fun. It will take some doing, getting used to seeing something that begs for comment and not being able to scream across cyberspace. My biggest regret will be the loss of the feedback and friendships made possible online. I'm happy to correspond with people, but anything I wrote would have to be off the record.

Some day I could return, but who knows what the Internet will be like by then. Maybe blogs will be obsolete, and everybody will be in Second Life. I could be a giant chipmonk.

We'll keep the lights on this week so we can wallow in nostalgia, but come Monday if you enter maxspeak.org in your browser, you will automatically be directed to the new site, about which more details this week.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by max at 05:53 PM

<http://www.maxspeak.org>

Carl