[lbo-talk] The Gay Succession

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 28 12:59:14 PDT 2007

Since I am overposted, I wil let Allen Ginsberg have my last say of the day.

THE GAY SUCCESSION Walt Whitman Slept with Edward Carpenter Edward Carpenter Slept with Gavin Arthur Gavin Arthur Slept with Dean Moriarty Dean Moriarty Slept with Allen Ginsberg Allen Ginsberg Slept with ...

The following document first appeared in Gay Sunshine Journal 35 (1978) and was reprinted as an appendix to the Allen Ginsberg interview in the book Gay Sunshine Interviews, Volume 1, Gay Sunshine Press, 1978. Allen Ginsberg writes:

"The late Gavin Arthur, San Francisco astrologer & companion of Sufi Sam, died in 1972 after a long loving life. I asked him to set account in writing of his memory of encounter with Edward Carpenter, who in turn, G.A. said, had love encounter with Walt Whitman when, as Arthur said as well, he directed Carpenter to Ramakrishna in India where Carpenter was to travel. Thus this is a document given me by Gavin Arthur in 1967, the year of the First Human Be-In in San Francisco.

The rest at . . .

http://www.gaysunshine.com/exc_gaysuccess.html