[lbo-talk] Summers on further regulation and mortgage bailouts

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 07:30:44 PDT 2007

Wow. Fucking Plano, Texas, where I spent a miserable childhood and my teens, a place renowned for producing bigoted, right wing cranks, and which for some reason keeps popping up in the news in unflattering ways:

Like this reference from a 2004 piece about Christopher Hitchens:

"Later, as Hitchens drives through the sterile Dallas suburb of Plano, he muses about the 'manicured bliss' of the lawns and the 'white, conservative, Christian, clean' population. 'I feel I could be very happy here,' he concludes mildly. Is he kidding? It's impossible to tell."

-- http://www.slate.com/id/2104849/

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"It doesn't seem as though he [OFHEO Director James Lockhart] can be intimidated by the threat of being sent back to Plano, Texas, to work in his uncle's car dealership."