[lbo-talk] did Craig commit a crime?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 30 09:13:23 PDT 2007

> Assuming the disorderly conduct statute
is constitutional, wouldn't the kind of behavior described in the police report qualify as that which one would have "reasonable grounds to know that it will, or will tend to, alarm, anger or disturb others"?

It would only disturb others if they are sexually insecure and nobody has a way of divining that ahead of time.

Should I have every female who has ever hit on me arrested for disturbing me?

There is no crime here, but nobody can say it since to do so would to be legitimize same-sex relations. If wanting to engage in sexual activities with a member of one's own sex is valid, then there is nothing wrong with what Craig did. Hets cruise each other all the time in public spaces and I do not see them being arrested no matter how flagrant their behavior becomes.

Brian