[lbo-talk] did Craig commit a crime?

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Aug 30 13:04:06 PDT 2007

On 30 Aug, 2007, at 14:38 PM, BklynMagus wrote:

> I have never understood the right not to be
> "disturbed" by the behavior of others. It is
> like people want the world to be child-proofed
> for their peace of mind. They cannot abide
> witnessing anything that does not conform to
> their operating system...

I don't get this. We don't call it "behavior [sic] of others" if someone were to slap us. Or when they scream racist, homophobic or other slurs at us. But we are incorrect in being bothered by someone peeping into a space which has been clearly designated and chosen as/ for privacy? The primary act is Craig peeping into my stall, not my "witnessing" his peeping into my stall!

Is it a big deal that someone is staring into my toilet? I would hope that we can all learn to live with that sort of thing without making it a crime. But desiring privacy during certain acts, taking the measures to achieve that privacy, and being upset at the invasion of that privacy is not something one needs to feel guilty about.

--ravi