[lbo-talk] History made in texas (death sentence commuted)

Mr. WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:12:26 PDT 2007

This is great news. While it's true that Foster had a great clemency case (the rare one that really broke down into a sound bite: "he's wasn't even the real killer!") Rick Perry got a lot of national and international pressure on this one. Two or three years ago, they would have killed Foster for sure. It gives you hope: maybe we really are getting more civilized -- if only at a glacial pace.

That said, now that Perry's pussied out, he's gonna have to spill some blood to keep the base happy, and that means whoever's up next for the needle is *fucked*. :-(

-WD