[lbo-talk] Entrapment and Impossibility (Was Re: did Craig commit a crime?)

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 12:15:54 PDT 2007

Andie wrote:

>The way he thinks things are is that he's enacting his desire to
>have sex with a 13 year old by pretending that his 18+
>girlfriend, who he know to be over 18, is 13. Far from
>being criminal, that's probably a really good way to
>for someone with paedophilic inclinations to deal with
>those desires, if it works for him.

Virtual child pornography might be a good way too but the arguments against it are that it's used to desensitize real kids and that investigators can't tell real from virtual images. I think when it comes to pedophilia legislators don't have a problem with the idea they might be criminalizing what people are thinking.