[lbo-talk] Radar article on "Security" Profiteers

3.3.3. lslelel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:54:42 PDT 2007

Hello LBO. This my first time post after ages of reading the archives. I always thought I would introduce myself after reading Doug's Wall Street, but i just have never had the time for it.

Anyways, I'm curious why articles like this aren't more common http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2007/06/george_tenet_paul_bremer_richard_perle_freeh_downing_woolsey.php

I'm not a huge fan of NY Media Snark anymore, or Radar actually, but why are they the only people doing really clear and easy to understand articles like this? They also did the Neocons-that-were-wrong-but-still-make-money-thing-earlier...

Half of the "war-critical" people I know ( I wouldnt call them liberals) just know about Halliburton/KBR, and maybe recently Blackwater. Hell, I didnt even know about Paladin or ManTech before this.

Isn't one of the strongest illustrations of war economies and the wars they need to exist, the actual flow of money from tax revenue to private hands? Why doesn't this seem to stick with anyone? Preaching to the choir potenti

Even the other night on Olbermann, who I love listening to...he got close to the argument, but he prefaced it by saying something like "I shouldn't be so cynical to think this war is about stealing treasury..."

Oh well, I hope I will be able to contribute. I've been on the net a bit long, and tend to stay quiet. Thanks for feeding my mailbox everyone. You all might be smarter than you know. =)

lxlxlxl