[lbo-talk] contradiction

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 2 11:37:21 PST 2007

Any comments Levins and Lewontin's attempt to develop a real and temporal theory of contradiction unlike the static set theoretic one? I am speaking here of the conclusion to Dialectical Biologist? They are certainly not obsure as is Ilyenkov at points (I mean here especially his argument that the concept of value itself defies the law of non contradiction) but the latter seems to mean something more by contradiction.

I really hope to have the time to study this along with the debates around law of non contradiction commenced by Graham Priest in the Marxist journal Science and Society and now the subject of a massive volume of critical response. But I'll read on with interest. Yours, Rakesh