[lbo-talk] NYT: Chavez loses, 51% to 49%; Chavez does concede on TV

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Dec 3 14:35:06 PST 2007

On Mon, December 3, 2007 9:56 am, Alex Hogan wrote:

> Huh? You're arguing that Russia has a democratic system than is superior
> than the US? I'd still rather tangle with Karl Rove than Putin, I'm
> afraid.

I'd take Putin's corporatist-minded siloviki in a millisecond over the oil-orcs of $auron, thank you very much. Russia has the problems of any semi-peripheral society, but its political system is more representative than the US and does not run on $4 billion in biannual slush funds, and it has a more diverse media system.

And don't get me started on how the US political system instigated and legitimated the murder of 1 million Iraqis, in one of the most appalling acts of colonial genocide in modern history.

-- DRR